Smile for a Lifetime Application Click Here - PDF
Helpful applicant guidelines in applying for braces through Smile for a Lifetime Foundation:
- Applicant questionnaire must be handwritten and answered by the applicant.
- Applicant must have a significant aesthetic need for braces.
- *Applicant must demonstrate financial need.
- Applicant must be between 11 to 16 years old (For further questions please contact your local Smile for a Lifetime Chapter)
- Applicant must be a currently enrolled student
- Applicant should demonstrate a positive attitude
- Applicant must agree to follow the treatment plan and demonstrate the ability and commitment to make all appointments on time
- Applicant is encouraged to display involvement and leadership in extracurricular activities
- Must be willing during the treatment period to “pay it forward” by completing 10 hours of community service
- Two Letters of Recommendation are mandatory. Please do not submit more than two letters, and limit each reference letter to one page each. Please type or print clearly with black ink (no pencil). Letters of Recommendation may be written by anyone- family, friends, teachers/coaches, counselors, dentists, etc.
- A clear 5x7 head shot with full smile & teeth showing must be included with application.
- The application, letters of reference and pictures will not be returned and will become property of Smile for a Lifetime Foundation.
- Applications will be reviewed every two months. Application will be received on an ongoing basis. Each applicant will be notified of approval or denial after the end of each selection process.
- Return the completed application, applicant questionnaire, dentist recommendation letters of recommendation and photo together in one packet to:
Katie Doyle, Executive Director Treatment Coordinator
1512 Brampton Avenue
Statesboro, GA 30458
*Applicants who qualify and are accepted for treatment may be required to submit proof of income i.e. W-2 (s), copy of income tax return, copy of past 3 pay stubs and/or other sources of income.
***Applications that do not meet these criteria will be considered incomplete and will not be voted on by our Board of Directors.